The Reily Student Recreation Center is first and foremost, a place for students to recreate, work and grow. We operate differently than a private gym in the following ways:
- We sell a limited number of memberships to non-affiliates to ensure our students have ample equipment and facilities available for use.
- We periodically close and have altered hours of operation due to University sporting events, holiday breaks, and necessary maintenance projects that must be completed outside of the semester terms.
- We periodically host tournaments and special events that will impact the availability of certain spaces in the facility.
- We regularly reserve space for varsity athletics programs, club sports, and intramurals.
- Most positions in the building are staffed by Tulane students. We are dedicated to providing a safe and positive work environment that prepares these individuals for life after Tulane. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
Complete your membership application ahead of visiting Member Services:
For the safety and security of our members, you must have your Splash Card or Key Tag to access the facility. Individuals using a key tag must have a photo in our system or present a second form of photo identification for each entry. We will allow you one exception per semester if you can provide another form of identification. Subsequent occurrences of a forgotten Splash Card or Key Tag will require the purchase of a daily pass with membership verification. Lax security leads to an overcrowded gym and increased occurrences of theft and undesirable behavior. We take security seriously to ensure a positive experience for paying members.
Lost Splash Cards can be replaced in the Card Services office. Lost Key Tags can be replaced at the Member Services desk for $5.
Individuals who are assessed a Recreation Center Fee on their tuition bill upon enrolling for the current semester have automatic access. Assessment criteria varies by school. Check your status by viewing the Tuition Fee Table or your tuition statement.
Tulane students who are not automatically assessed a Recreation Center Fee as part of their tuition bill but choose to purchase a membership.
Faculty & Staff
Current Tulane employees including Tulane Medical Center Staff and individuals receiving medical disability benefits from the university. Lusher employees are also eligible for this membership category.
Individuals registered with Alumni Affairs as having received a degree or two‐year certificate from Tulane. Alumni status will be verified with the Alumni Affairs office.
Tulane alumni who received a degree or certificate 50 or more years ago, faculty members with official Emeritus status, and staff members with 25 or more years of service to the University. Eligibility must be confirmed by the Alumni Office or Workforce Management.
Individuals who are not affiliated with Tulane University.
|Primary Member||Individual membership|
|Secondary Member||+ 1 Adult|
|Dependent Member||+ Dependent(s) age 15-22|
Primary, secondary and dependent members within a household must meet two of the following criteria and provide proof of eligibility when purchasing or renewing membership:
- Shared Residence AND
- Same Last Name or Financial Codependency
Acceptable forms of documentation include a state issued ID, utility bill, shared lease or mortgage, school records, and joint checking or savings account.
Dependent Members may only be added once Primary and Secondary Memberships are purchased.
Dependents age 14 and younger may be added to a household free of charge.
The following passes are not full privilege memberships. Please read pass restrictions below.
Early Bird Pass
A limited‐entry 10 visit pass which grants holder access to the Reily Center prior to 1 pm on weekdays, anytime on weekends, and any time during holiday breaks. Pass expires two years from the date of purchase.
Silver Sneakers Pass
Individuals with eligible health insurance plans for Silver Sneakers membership coverage. Participants must present their insurance card during registration.
- Pass holders may not sponsor guests or self-sponsor
- Pass holders are not entitled to member rates for programs
- Pass holders may not participate in programs exclusively offered to members
- Pass holders may not add secondary or dependent members to their account
- Passes are non‐refundable and non‐transferable