|GENERAL FACILITY POLICIES||MEMBERSHIP & GUEST POLICIES||AREA SPECIFIC POLICIES|
|Assumption of Risk||Membership Categories||Weight Room & Cardio Policies|
|Age Restrictions||Pass Categories||Gymnasium Policies|
|Food & Beverage||Membership Types||Natatorium Policies|
|Tobacco & Alcohol||Member Access||Diving Board Rules|
|Attire & Footwear||Guest Policies||Fitness Studio Usage Policies|
|Photography & Videography|
|Behavior||SERVICE & PROGRAM POLICIES||RESERVATION POLICIES|
|Personal Items||Locker & Towel Service||Racquetball & Tennis Courts|
|Lost & Found||Cycling Policies|
|Refund Requests & Cancellations||Quad/Field Usage|
|Facility Reservation Procedures|
Assumption of Risk
- Participation is at your own risk
- Children age 8 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Children age 9-14 may use the following areas when the child remains within the adult’s line of vision:
- 2nd Floor Racquetball Courts
- Children age 14 and under may not use the weight room or any exercise equipment
- Children age 15 and older may utilize all areas in the facility independently
- Children are not permitted in the locker room of the opposite sex. Three all gender Private Restrooms and Showers are accessible from the atrium.
Food and Beverage
- Food is only permitted in the atrium
- Gum is prohibited in all areas of the facility, including outdoor spaces
- Non-breakable, closed top beverage containers are permitted
Tobacco, Alcohol and Illegal Substances
- Use of tobacco, alcohol and illegal substances is prohibited
- Participants may not use the facility or participate in programs under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Attire & Footwear
- Appropriate athletic attire is required in all areas of the facility with the exception of pool areas and locker rooms
- Shirts must cover full torso and should not expose skin below the bra line
- Shirts must have an armpit gap that is less than the width of your hand
- Shorts and pants must be free of belts, studs, rivets, and zippers
- Shorts must completely cover the buttocks
- Closed-toe athletic shoes are required throughout the facility with the exception of pool areas and locker rooms
- Non-marking shoes are required on playing surfaces
- Cleats, metal spikes, flip flops, sandals, socks and bare feet are prohibited
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn in the pools
Photography and Videography
- Photographs and video without the individual’s permission are prohibited
- Photography & videography for academic or commercial purposes require prior approval from the Associate Director of Facilities
- Respect the facilities and the rights of other users
- Comply with all instructions given by Campus Recreation staff
- Disorderly conduct including excessive noise, use of profane language, verbal/physical abuse or harassment is cause for immediate removal from the facility and possible loss of membership privileges
- Wipe down equipment used with provided disinfectant
- Return all used equipment to its proper location
- Use equipment only for its designed purpose
- Report any maintenance concerns to the Member Services Desk
- Use headphones when listening to music
- Limit cell phone use in exercise areas
- Cell phone use is prohibited in locker rooms
- Practice good hygiene and be mindful of strong odors, perfumes or colognes that may impact the health and ability of other patrons to exercise comfortably
- No pets other than service animals are allowed in the facility or on playing fields
- Only Campus Recreation employed Personal Trainers are permitted to train in the facility
- Personal items must be stored in a locker
- Bags are prohibited in exercise areas
Lost & Found
- The Department of Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Found items should be turned in at the Member Services desk
- Lost items must be retrieved in person at the Member Services desk
- Inquiries regarding lost items may not be done over the phone
- Unclaimed items will be discarded after 30 days
Refund Requests & Cancellations
- Refund Requests and Cancellations must be submitted online through the Cancellation & Refund Request Form.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to take up to 30 days for processing refunds.
- Refunds are not issued for the following items:
- Assessed Student Membership Fees
- Semester Membership Fees (except for those requested before the end of the day of purchase)
- Guest Passes
- Cycling or Yoga/Pilates Passes
- Cancellations will only be valid when requested by the member incurring the deductions.
Member & Guest Policies Back to Top
Assessed Students– individuals who are assessed a recreation fee as part of their tuition bill upon enrolling for the current semester. Assessment criteria varies by school. Check your status by viewing your tuition statement.
Voluntary Students-Tulane students who are not automatically assessed a recreation fee as part of their tuition bill but choose to purchase a membership.
Faculty & Staff-current Tulane employees including Tulane Medical Center Staff and individuals receiving medical disability benefits from the university.
Alumni– individuals registered with Alumni Affairs as having received a degree or two‐year certificate from Tulane. Alumni status will be verified with the Alumni Affairs office.
Emeritus– Tulane alumni who received a degree or certificate 50 or more years ago, faculty members with official Emeritus status, and staff members with 25 or more years of service to the university. Eligibility must be confirmed by the Alumni Office or Workforce Management.
Community-individuals who are not affiliated with Tulane University
- Pass holders may not sponsor guests or self-sponsor
- Pass holders may not add secondary or dependent members to their account
- Passes are non‐refundable and non‐transferable
Early Bird Pass– a limited‐entry 10 visit pass which grants holder access to the Reily Center prior to 1 pm on weekdays, anytime on weekends, and any time during holiday breaks. Passes purchased after January 2, 2017 expire two years from the date of purchase. Early Bird pass holders are not eligible to participate in programs exclusively offered to members. Additionally, Early Bird pass holders are not entitled to member rates for programs.
Silver Sneakers Pass– individuals with eligible health insurance plans for Silver Sneakers membership coverage. Participants must present their insurance card during registration.
Primary Member-an individual membership in one of the aforementioned Membership categories
Additional Member(s)-only available as an add-on to Primary Member
- Primary Members may add up to five Additional Members to their account when the following criteria is met:
- Same last name AND
- Same Address (proof through checking, utility bill, or state ID) OR
- Financial co‐dependency (joint checking or savings, shared lease, or mortgage)
- All members are required to present a valid Tulane ID or Reily Membership key tag to access the facility
- Individuals using a key tag must have a photo in our system or present a second form of photo identification for each entry
- Patrons who forgot their ID or key tag will be allowed access once per semester if they can provide another form of photo identification to verify active membership status.
- Subsequent forgotten ID will require purchase of a daily pass with membership verification.
- Lost Tulane IDs must be replaced through the Tulane Card Service Office
- Lost Reily Keytags will be replaced once free of charge. After that there is a $5 charge to receive a new Keytag, which must be replaced through the Reily Member Service desk.
- Reily Members may sponsor up to two guests per day, including children
- Pass holders and self-sponsoring individuals may not sponsor guests
- Guest Pass Fees:
- Adult $10
- Child (14 and under) $5
- Tulane faculty, staff, students and alumni with appropriate identification may self-sponsor. Faculty, staff and students must present a splash card. Alumni status will be verified at the time of purchase.
- Guests are required to present a valid photo ID and purchase a guest pass from the Member Services desk
- Sponsoring Members must remain with their guests for the duration of their visit and are responsible for the conduct of their guests
- Soliciting patrons to gain access to the facility is prohibited
- Children without proof of family membership will be charged a child guest fee
- Members may bring in children of other members, in addition to their own, with verification of family’s membership
- Guest Passes are valid for one entry and include a towel
- The Reily Center reserves the right to refuse admittance to any guest
Area Specific Policies Back to Top
Weight Room and Cardio Area Policies
- Cardiovascular equipment is limited to 30 minutes per machine, per patron.
- To avoid congestion and waiting lines, we request that patrons limit their time to 15 minute intervals per each circuit or individual piece of equipment.
- Collars must be used with all bars in the free weight lifting area.
- Weights must not be slammed or intentionally dropped to the floor.
- Chalk is prohibited.
- Dunking or hanging on basketball nets or rims is not permitted.
- The volleyball and badminton systems must be set‐up or taken down by Campus Recreation staff only
Natatorium and Social Pool Policies
- Running and rough play is prohibited.
- No diving in shallow end side of the bulkhead.
- Masks, fins, and snorkels may be used in the lap pool area only. No scuba equipment is allowed unless it is used for a supervised Reily course. Masks must have shatterproof tempered glass face plates.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn in the pool.
- No horseplay in or around the pool.
- All children 14 and under must be directly supervised by an adult.
- Children who require flotation devices must be accompanied by an adult in the water and within arms-reach.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper.
- No swimming under or walking on the bulkhead.
- Spitting and nose blowing in the pool are prohibited.
- Do not engage the lifeguard in unnecessary conversation.
- Starting blocks are for swim team use only.
- No hyperventilating before swimming underwater.
- The safety rules and requests made by Lifeguards must always be followed.
Diving Board Rules
- Diving is permitted on the one meter board only.
- The diving board can be opened under the condition that no one is swimming in the lanes beneath the board and a lifeguard is available to sit in the deep end stand.
- Look before diving or jumping to make sure the diving area is clear.
- Only one person is permitted on the board at a time.
- No inward dives, always dive away from the board.
- Only one bounce is allowed on the diving board.
- Access the diving board from the ladder only.
- The Lifeguard has the right to ask divers not to attempt dives that are beyond their ability.
Fitness Studios Usage Policies
- RIVERSIDE STUDIO is open to members when department programs are not in session
- Members must vacate the space upon class instructor arrival
- Usage is a first come first serve
- Members may not remove equipment from space
- Members may not bring other equipment into space
- Hand wraps/gloves must be used at all times when using Boxing Equipment (available at Front Desk)
- If First Aid is required, go to Front Desk immediately for assistance
- No amplified sound in space. Headphones must be used.
- ALL OTHER FITNESS STUDIOS are reserved solely for Campus Recreation scheduled programs.
Service & Program Policies Back to Top
Locker & Towel Service
- Daily-Use, Self-Service keypad lockers are available at no charge but must be cleared by the end of the day. All items are removed from daily-use lockers at the end of the day. These items will be placed in lost and found.
- Long-term lockers with towel service are available for a fee at the Member Services Desk.
- All lockers are subject to inspection at Reily Staff discretion.
- The Reily Center reserves the right to clean out expired lockers.
- These items will be discarded 30 days after the expiration date.
- Towels are available for daily use rental at the Member Services Desk for $3.00 per towel.
- Towels must be returned to the towel bins in locker areas.
- Towel service may be purchased separately and includes one towel per patron.
- Patrons may exchange a used towel for a fresh towel.
Reservation & Rental Policies Back to Top
Racquetball, Squash, and Tennis Court Reservation Policies
- Reservations are for one‐hour periods beginning on the hour.
- Reservations must be made at least one hour in advance.
- Reservations can only be made for the current day or one day in advance.
- Reservations can be made online, in person at the Member Services Desk, or by calling 865‐5242.
***Online Court Reservations***
- Courts may not be reserved for back‐to‐back hours by playing partners.
- Patrons may only reserve one court per activity type per day.
- Patrons must provide a name and Splash card or key tag.
- Court reservations are held for ten minutes past reservation time. After 10 minutes reservations are forfeited.
- Children 14 and under may not make court reservations or use the courts without adult supervision.
- A dust mop is available outside of all indoor courts and patrons wishing to sweep their courts prior to play may do so.
- All patrons accessing the tennis courts must have an active membership and swipe in to the facility. To gain access to the courts, patrons must check out a gate access card at the Front Desk Equipment Checkout.
- If the rented gate access card is not returned within the same day, a $50 replacement fee will be required of the renter and must be paid before utilizing the facility again.
- Private tennis lessons are not permitted.
- Only current Reily Members who are Cycling Pass holders are eligible to participate
- Participants must be present five minutes prior to class start.
- No admission to cycling class after the designated start time
- Please raise handlebars and seat post to highest position after each use
- Report any maintenance issues to the class instructor
Quad/Field Usage & Reservations
- All outdoor facilities require reservations for use.
- Quad Reservation Forms are available online at Quad Reservation Form
- All users must be Reily Center Members or Tulane organizations, and may be asked to show proof of membership
- Completed reservation forms (including online submissions) must be submitted to the Reily Programs Office at least two weeks prior to the event. Reservations are not confirmed until a copy is signed by the organization adviser and a confirmation email is received. All required steps identified in the confirmation email must be completed before reservation is finalized.
- No metal cleats allowed.
- Pick up all trash and leave the outdoor facilities as found.
Equipment Rental Policies
- A Splash Card or Key Tag is required for equipment rental
- There will be a fee for damaged or unreturned equipment.
Facility Reservation Procedures
- Submit an online Facility Reservation Request
- You will receive an email confirmation stating that the request has been successfully submitted. This does not confirm that the space has been reserved.
- A professional staff member from the Department of Campus Recreation will review your request and respond as soon as possible.
- If your facility reservation request is approved, all necessary supporting documents and payment must be submitted prior to the event.